There is a wide disparity in schooling facilities in different regions of the country. There are disparities among the private schools and between private and government schools. For providing universal access to quality secondary education, it is imperative that specially designed broad norms are developed at the national level and provision may be made for each State/UT keeping in mind the geographical, socio-cultural, linguistic and demographic condition of not just the State/UT but also, wherever necessary, of the locality. The norms for secondary schools should be generally comparable to those of Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Development of the infrastructure facilities and Learning Resources will be
carried out in following ways,
- Expansion/ Strategy of existing Secondary Schools & Higher Secondary Schools shift in existing schools.
- Up gradation of Upper Primary Schools based on micro planning exercise with all necessary infrastructure facilities and teachers. Ashram
Schools will be given preference while upgrading upper primary schools.
- Up gradation of Secondary Schools in Higher Secondary Schools based upon the requirements.
- Opening of new Secondary Schools/ Higher Secondary Schools in unserved areas bas on the school mapping exercise. All these buildings will have mandatory water harvesting system and will be disabled friendly.
- Rain harvesting systems will be installed in existing school buildings also.
- Existing school buildings will also be made disabled friendly.
- New schools will also be set up in PPP mode.